Sunday 4 October 2015

Back To It...

Recently, I have been very lazy with a couple of things and one of these things is blogging. This is the first blog post I have done in over a month which really annoys me because this my hobby and I absolutely love doing it. I have had post ideas written down but this last month has been a bit hectic and finding the time to sit down, take some time to write a post, do some photography, edit it and promote it etc. has been impossible. However, now I'm back at university and starting my second year of my marketing degree I finally feel as though my feet are back on the ground and I'm now in a routine where I can find time to do some blogging which makes me so happy. I will now be posting once a week on a Sunday but of course, like it's always been, expect random posts throughout the week talking about Outfit and Make Up Looks of the days, tags etc. Follow me on bloglovin' and Instagram to receive regular updates.

Now, the other part of my life I have been very lazy with, which is what this post is about, is my skin care routine. It's now Autumn and along with the change of the weather comes problems with my skin. Aswell as my skin has the recurring problem of being oily, especially in the T zone area, some areas of my face are becoming really dry and even more recently, over the last couple of weeks I have been dealing with frequent break outs so as you can imagine it's not a pretty sight. So, I have decided on a change and instead of just cleansing my face day and night like I always do and using a few products here and there, I have come up with a list Of products to use regularly. This post is going to discuss the routine I have created to make my skin good again, some products are completely new to me and some I have used previously so here's my thoughts on them and what I expect them to achieve...

The Body Shop Cleansing Oil - This is a product I have been using for such a long time and is one that I use every night without fail to remove my makeup and give my skin a cleanse. I couldn't not use this product because it is perfect, but,I have gone into a lot of detail about in a previous post which you can find here.

Nivea 2 in 1 Cleanser & Toner - Because I use the cleansing oil which removes all my make up on an evening, in the mornings I don't necessarily need a cleanser so powerful therefore I like to use something different. I usually use a Simple facial wash but the other day I picked up Nivea's 2 in 1 cleanser and toner to give my skin a nice clean to create a fresh, soft base for my makeup. What's better is that it's also a toner which is a must have product for skin care so it will definitely save some time in the morning rush.

No7 Hot Cloth Polish Cleanser - A lot has already been discussed about cleansers but a clean face is really important! I like to use this on a morning, after my cleansing wash,on days where my skin is suffering a bit and it needs extra love and attention and a bit of an extra clean. I also find using this so therapeutic so when I have some extra time in the morning I definitely love using my hot cloth cleanser to make my skin extra soft and clean.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum - I like to use this both morning and evenings to give my skin a boost of moisture to make my skin look and feel both radiant and soft.
The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion - This is something I have had for a while and although I do love it I did get very lazy with it. I think the fact that it's a night time product caused me not to used it so much because it can't be just me but when they are tired they just want to go to bed haha? I often find I'm too tired to do anything so I just brush my teeth and wash my face and sleep. But this need to change and I need to use this nightly because when I have used it in the past = no breakouts, now I have had a break from using it = frequent break outs. Maybe I should find some time to do my skin care before I feel tired?

Olay Anti Wrinkle Instant Hydration Day Cream - Under eye circles is HUGE problem for me because well, they are HUGE. I have been looking for a product to help me with this for a while but all I could find was "anti wrinkle" which I didn't think I needed. This was until a few weeks ago I read that from a young age people should start to wear products to target because it helps prevent them in the future. I don't know how true this is but I thought I would be on the safe side and got myself another 2 in 1 product. So hopefully, "goodbye" to under eye circles and "stay away" to wrinkles. I will be using this on a morning to reduce my under eye circles and puffiness and make my eye area appear more radiant.
Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask + Origins Out Of Trouble Mask - I don't use face masks daily but my aim is to use them weekly. I really believe Origins can help my skin as I have had heard such good things about the brand and when I have used them in the past I have seen great results. The Drink Up Intensive I will use overnight once a week to give more moisture to my skin so "bye bye" to dry patches. With the Out Of Trouble Mask I will use this weekly and hopefully all my problems will be rescued.
 

I'm really going to make more time and effort into my skin care and fingers crossed I will see some results soon.
Do you own any of these? What are your thoughts?
Thanks for reading,
Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment