Tuesday 7 April 2015

A Belated Mothers Day...

 
 
On Thursday I had one of the nicest afternoons I have had in a while! A few weeks ago it was Mothers day in the UK and even though I treat my Mum to presents and lots of cups of tea during the morning and evening, I unfortunately had a eight hour shift at work meaning I didn't get to go anywhere with Mum on her special day. So, I made the promise of treating her to afternoon tea in a gorgeous hotel in a village near to where we live.

When I was 15, I worked in the hotel for my weeks work experience for school. Even though I was supposed to be doing marketing/events planning for the week I ended up waitressing... which I obviously didn't expect to do. However, I got to help serve delicious food and set beautifully presented tables in the posh, 16th Century hotel. One thing I specifically remembered was the yummy looking cakes when serving afternoon tea and ever since I have always been meaning to go, so when I was thinking of where I can take my Mum for an afternoon of delicious food I immediately thought of there...





 

 



 
And I wasn't disappointed at all, if you can class afternoon tea as a "meal" well, it's definitely one of the best meals I have ever had! Every part of it was so tasty and you could definitely tell it was all fresh and homemade. And oh my god, the cakes, mmm even thinking about them makes me hungry, everything was so heavenly.
 
Firstly were the sandwiches, we had cream cheese and chive sandwiches, ham sandwiches and cucumber, then was a scone each with a pot of jam and cream and for cakes we had a meringue and strawberry, a slice of chocolate cake and a mini a mini panna cotta... I think it's fair to say we were spoilt haha!
 
We were lucky enough to have delicious food never mind to eat in such a beautiful place on a gorgeous day so I took every opportunity to take lots of pictures as we walked around the gardens afterwards...

 


 







 

 



Top - Boohoo
Sleeveless Jacket - Topshop
Jeans - New Look
Shoes - Boohoo
Bag - Primark
Watch - River Island
Lastly, my outfit. Both my shoes and jacket were new and I had never worn them before so I was looking for an excuse to wear these together. The afternoon was perfect because it was quite a sophisticated afternoon drinking tea and eating posh cakes haha and the outfit is classy and sophisticated.  

It was so nice to spend an afternoon with my Mum where there was no rush because usually when we go somewhere there's always something to rush to get back for so it was nice to relax and have a nice afternoon together. Without sounding too cheesy, my Mum is also one of my best friends, she's always there for me and I'd honestly be so lost without her so it was great treating her to such a lovely afternoon.

Have you had afternoon tea before? Did you like it?

Thanks for reading,
Sarah xx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! I went for afternoon tea a few months ago for my friends birthday and I was so surprised by how filling it was! I hope your mum had a lovely afternoon! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest when it arrived we joked about whether we would get anymore haha because it doesn't look a lot does it? But we were soon proved wrong, I struggled to finish it haha! I was so surprised too. Aw she loved it, thanks :) xx

      Delete