Thursday 23 April 2015

In The City...


A couple of weeks a go my best friend and I decided we needed a day out shopping and what better place to go than Newcastle. Newcastle is about a half and hour train journey from the town I live in and the shopping is amazing. Aswell as there being the huge shopping centre, the Metro Centre the shopping in the actual city is also great so we decided to go there...

I will start of with the most expensive thing first, the Dior Star Foundation. Currently I use the Mac Studio Fix Foundation and even though I cant find any faults with it and love it, there's something with me and foundation where I just want an endless supply. Out of everything in my make up storage, I have more foundation than anything, I love to try the different brands and see the results. On this day, I was feeling rather spendy and after reading some lovely things about this foundation I decided to check it out.

As I was looking around the counter the lady asked me if I wanted her to put some on me. Immediately I said yes because surprisingly enough being as make up obsessed as I am, I have never had my make up done at a make up counter in a shop before and I absolutely loved it. I fell in love with the foundation straight away as the coverage is great without looking heavy on the skin. I wont go into too much detail about this yet as I will definitely be dedicating a blog post to what I think about this when I use it more.

The packaging is beautiful, so beautiful it looked to nice to start using it haha, it's so pretty. What I also loved about my shopping experience when buying this foundation is that I felt no pressure what so ever to buy this, which is rare. Usually in this environment you feel pressured to buy the product but my experience was the opposite. She was also so professional and new exactly what she was doing, testing out different colours on my skin to find that perfect one, It was a lovely shopping experience. It was my first time shopping at Dior and it wont be my last.

When I bought this foundation, I also got a free mini sample of a moisturiser that she also used on me which is lovely. I also get to book a free make up class so I'm so excited for that!

Next up is H&M and I fell in love with this pretty red floral playsuit as soon as I saw it. I think the colour is so lovely and I don't own anything in this colour so I thought it would be a nice change to my wardrobe. All I need now is hot weather, bring on summer!

Lush is a shop that I rarely walk out empty handed, the scents and amazing colours just immediately result in me getting my money out. This one is "Creamy Candy Bath" and smells divine. It reminds me of Ribena haha,  which is a good thing. I thought it would be best to keep it in the bag until I'm going to use it as I was worried it would cause a mess.I also got a free magazine which I love to read. It's about all of the products and the ethics the business has which is so interesting and makes me love Lush even more.

Finally is Urban Outfitters, I love Urban Outfitters so much and it's such a shame because the closet one to me is Newcastle so I was so excited to go. I love everything in there but I adored the home section. I literally had to persuade myself to not buy a £9 mug that said "I Woke Up Like This" because knowing me I would accidently break it. However I did pick up this unique, lovely patterned necklace holder in the homeware sale section. Currently my necklaces are all stored in a little box and a big problem is that they all get tangled around each other. But they wont anymore, I think this such a cute, interesting way to hold your necklaces, and the pattern is lovely, you've got to love a bit of monochrome.

Next is this pretty laced bra that I also got in the sale. I love the style of this bra and don't have anything like it. I think it looks so classy and the lace detailing is so beautiful. This is so comfy and will be great to wear with an everyday outfit but I also thought it would be nice to wear in the summer under a white dress if the back was a little revealing so much you could see the back or the straps because its like a bralet.

To be honest, I think I was rather good on this shopping trip, I picked up a few bargains, didn't get too much and didn't spend too much so I'm proud of myself considering how many things I was tempted to buy.

What do you think of my purchases?
Let me know!
Thanks for reading,
Sarah xx

2 comments:

  1. That playsuit from H&M is so cute! I need to go shopping I haven't been in ages! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, it's really pretty, I just need the weather to wear it in now haha! Aw, wish I could say the same, its becoming a weekly obsession for me at the moment haha! :) xx

      Delete