Thursday 9 April 2015

MY VIEW - Rimmel London Apocalips...




After hearing lots of hype about this product, I thought I'd give it a go. If there's one thing that I "need" more of for my make up collection it's lip gloss so I decided to give this one a try in the "Nude Eclipse" shade.

However I was super disappointed with this product, for a couple of reasons, I'm going to start with the negative points and then move onto the good point.

Firstly, the staying power is so poor. When you buy a lip-gloss you really want it to last at least more than half an hour don't you? Staying power is so important. Well this didn't at last me long at all so I constantly had to keep reapplying it which is the opposite of what you want to do. 

Another bad point is the condition it left my lips in after using it.I know that it was definitely this product that caused the problems because nothing else in my lip care routine had changed, the weather didn't dramatically change to affect them nor did I stop using my lip care products that do an amazing job. After just using it once, my lips became really dry and cracked and even bled a little which resulted them in being so sore. I have actually only used this product twice because it was causing my lips to be in such a horrible condition. I'm not saying that this will happen to everyone if you use this product, there's obviously something in it that causes a bad reaction to my lips but this is my view on it and obviously this is a really bad point of what its done to me.

Despite these big negative points, there is something positive,I really love the colour! I have tried endless amounts of nude lipglosses aswell as lipsticks and I have never come across a nude colour as nice as this and the pigmentation is great, its just a shame it doesn't last.

I was actually really looking forward to trying this product and I had my fingers crossed that it would be a great product for me so I could try some of the other colours, this product line has a great range of colours. Therefore, its a shame to give it just 1 star because of the only good thing I can think about this product, the colour.

Have you tried Apocalips? What do you think?
I'd love to know!

Thanks for reading,
Sarah xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, that's such shame that it made your lips dry as i have a few friends that rave about these lip glosses! On a positive the colour is super pretty! xo

    Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know is such a shame, its just my luck to have a bad reaction to something everyone is raving about haha! Yeah the colour is lovely isn't it? I love all the colours in the range, just wish I could wear them haha!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  2. I've just got a Revlon one that looks a similar colour to this, I'll show you it at uni! Xxx

    ReplyDelete